Wednesday, February 08, 2012

Highs, Lows And Back Blows

Quite a day today.  Bubs had another episode of horrible back pain and as a result, had some issues that ended with us being in the hospital.

Some lows:
-seeing my beautiful wife in pain, and feeling absolutely useless and helpless, hoping there was something I could do to help her
-hearing that she started this pain while I was in the gym and having to hear that Eamon was left alone for about 30 minutes before my in-laws came.  Talk about feeling selfish, even though I knew it was a freak accident
-hearing from the Doctor that we are not to go to Las Vegas this Thursday, and ultimately disrupting plans for Beevy and Mistie, who we were really looking forward to hanging out with

Some highs:
-my baby boy being very, very well behaved at the hospital.  I was so very, very proud of him
-seeing my beautiful wife sleeping on the floor of our living room as she recovers.  I'm just glad and relieved she is okay.  I don't care about a cancelled trip; I just care about the mother of our boy being okay
-seeing that maybe, just maybe, we might be able to at least get a credit for the monies lost for the flights.  I'll have to look into it tomorrow

Life is like that sometimes; reality just comes and punches you really hard in the face when you least expect it.  You just have to fight through it, keep your head up and move on.  Things could always be worse.


Plus, I just downed a whole frozen pizza by myself to help wash/heart attack my miseries away

*  *  *

Trying to mature.  Trying to not be so dramatic.  Trying to change.  Trying.

Hope

No comments: