Thursday, December 23, 2004

Yay Free Raptors Tickets

Even much better up close. I love having a girlfriend who's Dad's company has these perks. I love my girlfriend. Yay barf!
I wrote a long piece on the game I went to on the Raptorblog forum (the forum I always go to, as I am a diehard fan). Seeing as how I don't want to retype it, I'll just repost it. It went like this:

Went to the game...and was 2 rows behind courtside seats! Needless to say, it was awesome. These NBA players are freaks of nature: ginormous men with co-ordination. Well, except for Aleks. Still can't believe GG picked him. Anywho, some quick notes of what happened during the game:

-at the platinum level, food is brought to you, instead of you getting it. A wee bit more expensive, but then again everything at the ACC is expensive anyway. That pulled-pork sandwich is still on my mind...damn good stuff-Memo has awful hair
-I screamed at Loren that he should eat something; perhaps at a buffet. He seems a little scrawny
-I sat close to Hoffa's wife and children. And Chris Bosh's sister. According to the season ticket holder sitting beside me. Most likely it was true, as Hoffa's wife and his children were all wearing "Araujo" jerseys, and Bosh's sister looks like Bosh with a wig on.
-Bonner is by far the crowd favorite, and he seems to enjoy it. During the shootaround, he couldn't help but smile, smirk and laugh at his own cheering section
-I yelled plenty of times to Lamond Murray that he was my hero. I know he heard me. He ignored me.
-Jalen pouting on the bench...priceless
-Dick Bavetta is a hilarious ref. He was dancing polka with the Raptor at one point. But it still doesn't excuse him for making some horrible calls. And he wears his pants crazy-high (like Sinbad)
-I sat close to the dancepak. I swear some looked like they are about to have back pain in the near future (mainly due to the implants). But then there were some that were...wow :drool:
-everytime Eric Williams did something good, I yelled, "good play Carter!"
-Superfan Nav Bhatia sighting. Wonder how he feels since his #1 spokesman for his business has left town. The sales of his vehicles are prolly gonna go drastically down, as Vince prolly won't make those nifty commercials or appearance anymore at the dealership. Because, you know, everyone knows Vince drives a Hyundai. Looks like he'll be stuck driving his Bentley. Dang. (Yes, I did actually think all of this while at the game)
-Harpring looks like he could be in the army...he's a monster who just looks strong
-I screamed to Arroyo that he sucked and that he was a joke all night. Also Boozer. Oh, and Aleks. And Raja Bell. I really should come up with something more creative than just "you suck [insert player's name here]!" Well, I did call Boozer a "loozer" all night. :? Listen, I was trying to take it all in at the time...I'm used to the upper 300 level seats. I'm just lucky my girlfriend's father's company had these tickets lying around
-I am always amazed at just how skilled a lot of these players are. They actually get 11 shots in a row during the shootaround from everywhere. Pales much better compared to mine and 435,602 other wannabe players 1 shot in a row while shooting around at a local gym
-MoPete...one of those players that look absolutely horrible during a span of 34 seconds, make a good shot and play the next 13 seconds, look bad again in 52 seconds, then look good for 4 seconds in a row. Even more amazing upclose-these athletes are freakishly huge like I said. Except for Lopez...he looked like a boy out there. I am glad he started over Arroyo. I can't pin down what I don't like about him. Never liked him here, don't like him there, prollly won't like him anywhere
-Overall a good game. Being close to the court (yes, I know I mentioned it incessantly, but dammit, I don't think I'll ever get this close to the court again. Let me just have this) during the third quarter...yeah, the heart attack probability is much increased as the lead is predictably whittled down by the opposition. But I'm glad that they won this. It's fun to win at least once in a while. Now we just have to figure out a way to get the NBA to let the Raps play all their games at home

Wow I wrote a lot there.
Might as well write a little more: snow tires are great. I tried doing fishtails, donuts, drifts on them, but with minimal results. Yeah, it's much, much, muchmuchmuch better than all-seasons, which slips around like crazy. Well, depending on your definition of better. It's fun to lose control of your car sometimes. "Sometimes"

No comments: