Monday, May 23, 2005

2-4

So I spent the long weekend camping at Ahmic Lake with Sharon and her classmates. Unlike last year where it was a veritable downpour rainfest, this year was nice and sunny (with the exception of a tad bit of spitting the last night). I even got tanned (argh). I would like to think that every camping trip gets easier in terms of what to pack and what to bring. I'm almost becoming a seasoned camper. Yeah, an oragano camper.
Friday: got everything ready, played poker at BJ's house with the friends, woke up three and a half hours later to...
Saturday: woke up at 6am, left by 645am, got to Sharon's, went to Tim Horton's for an everything bagel garden sandwich, stopped in Barrie for last minute food (cold cuts, cheese and bread), got to Ahmic Lake, met Derek, Jen E., Jen T., Greg, Mike and some of his friends, set up the tent, ate cold cuts for lunch, sat, read, relaxed, got tanned, made pasta for dinner, got complimented on my pasta, sat around a campfire briefly, took a shower, played a little poker, went to bed and then it was...
Sunday: had a fabulous sleep in my new sleeping bag, made pancakes and sausages for breakfast, read, relaxed, got tanned, cooked hash brown, ground beef and eggs for lunch, read, relaxed, got tanned, went for a walk with Sharon, read, relaxed, got tanned, made salisbury steak and hashbrowns for dinner, played some poker, sat around a campfire briefly, remineced (sp.?) with Sharon at how our first camping trip together as a couple was at the same place, took a shower, slept and then it was...
Today: had another fabulous sleep, woke up, packed everything up, went to breakfast at the Swiss Restaurant on site, had pickeral, eggs and hash browns and toast and one of Sharon's pancakes, left, went to Highway 9 to get to Caledon, pretended I was a rally car driver, got more stone chips on my car, went to Royal Ambassador Banquet Hall to show Sharon you know, dropped Sharon home, went to Mike's briefly to hear about his "exciting news", got home, unpacked, washed mine and my Dad's car, went inside, put my pillows in the wash, watched some TV, ate, and then WHEW. Here I am.
I seriously have to start feeling less obligated to do this blog that no one really reads. I'm yet to go back on a random date and say, "oh yeah! that's what happened!" But then what was once nothing but an experiment has turned out to be quite the interesting project. I just have this bad feeling that one day this website will just shut down and thus all the hours I have spent writing this. Oh well, nothing in life is permanent...

No comments: