Monday, May 09, 2005

Orlando Bloom As Aragorn?

So I watched Kingdom of Heaven with Sharon (yeah, I know, Sharon out on a Monday night! Score!). It was actually a not bad movie, some pretty good action scenes. Some thoughts:
-Orlando Bloom, who was Legolas, looked like Aragorn. I kept waiting for him to say, "For Frodo!" It didn't happen
-when the King of Jerusalem's iron mask was uncovered, I thought Leonardo DiCaprio would pop out
-my favorite line of the movie, courtesy of the shaggly beard man: "I am what I am because someone needs to be"
-I didn't realize (Sir) Ian McKellen was in the movie till I saw the credits. Then again, I did notice that he was a rather gay character/priest in the movie before I actually knew it was him
-ditto Jeremy Irons. Had I known, I would've expected him to be having sex with some young girl
-Queen Amadala had a breakdown at the end of the movie. She looked like G.I. Jane
-everytime I watch a movie of historical significance, I want to learn more about that era. But then when I leave the theatre, so does the desire. I'll just wait for Sharon to give me the Coles Notes version of it
So I wanted to sleep early today because I felt so sleepy all day. But then I come home and the Phoenix Suns/Dallas Mavs game is on. Great. Looks like I'll be tired tomorrow again.

No comments: