Wednesday, June 28, 2006

I'm A Basketball Star

In my head. Another realization I'm old: went to the gym this morning, and saw all these high school kids. Normally I would be annoyed all these kids would be inhabiting the gym I usually have to myself (no, not the fact I would be grumpy about that makes me old. Technically it does, but I'm not talking about that point during this tirade). But then they asked me to play a game, and then I remembered that it's much more fun to actually play with people. So anyway, I was draining my shot (luckily the guys didn't play much D), and my team won. I was also sweating and wearing a tanktop (which I never really do). When I say sweating, I mean the shirt was absolutely drenched. Then even more kids came (all aged maybe 17-19 years old), and we were gonna run a 5 on 5 game. But then I looked at the time and told them I couldn't play. They asked why not. I replied, rather sadily, "I have to go to work." Whomp-whomp... Sometimes I wish I still had the summer off so I could play basketball till I got blisters galore.
Oh well, at least I got my sweat on. Unfortunately I couldn't turn it off for the majority of the morning.

Oops...look like he was stopped short on his drive to the basket
* * *
The NBA Draft is on in about half an hour, and I'm really hoping the Raps choose LaMarcus Aldrige. Although I don't have the vaguest intuition about the Italian guy they are high on, nor do I ever profess myself to be a prospect expert, I'm not completely sold on him for some reason. Call it a gut feeling, and as you know, I have quite the gut.

No comments: