Thursday, June 22, 2006

It Never Fails

One of those things in life that never fails: 3:00pm at the office, a day before my long weekend, and a file comes in. A suspect foodborne illness. At one of my restaurants. In the world of Public Health Inspectors, this is what constitutes an emergency. So what ends up happening? I have to drop off a stool kit, do a quick inspection, go back to the office, update the complainer, drop off my stuff, and the next thing I know, it's 7:20pm. And my Boss doesn't want to give me overtime, instead telling me I should carry the hours forward to next week so I can take more time off. wtf? I'd rather take the money. (I shouldn't, however, complain as somedays it's not like I work this hard. I guess everything compensates and works itself out. I just forget about that fact everytime I "work hard"). For all of this, it deserves a big:
Arrrggh!
* * *
I am going camping to Bon Echo tomorrow with my ever so darling darling. I'm so excited...for the hamburgers I am going to make. *smack smack smack drool drool drool*
And what's that? SAVED BY THE BELL?!? I think my fiance is going to dump me after this weekend.

No comments: