Wednesday, December 02, 2009

Do De Donair

So since I've been working evenings, I've had time to venture out to places for lunch. Yesterday, I went to Halifax...Donairs.

Found this place: http://www.halifaxdonairandpizza.com/ randomly. Since I live somewhat close to Milton, I went for a jaunt as I love the donairs and there isn't a decent place that serves them in Mississauga. I was speaking to the owner and he claimed it was better than the ones in Halifax, as the places in Halifax tend to skip ingredients in an effort to cut costs. He also claimed he has the original recipe, as his Greek ancestors brought it with them when they settled in Halifax. (Riiiiiiight...because donairs are Greek?)

The result? Well, it was okay, but it didn't quite hit that spot. I'll prolly have to try it one more time before I settle on whether or not I like it. Or maybe I should just order more of that sweet sauce goodness

Leaves your breathe smelling tasty, and your arteries non-functional!

1 comment:

Jen(nnn) said...

Weird coincidence... Halifax Donairs is being featured on BT this morning. They sure do look good... Perhaps I need to take a drive.

Also, yeah I agree... I don't really think of the Maritimes when I think of donairs. Weird.