Friday, December 25, 2009

My Mother Is Funny (Christmas Version)

So I still had to work yesterday, which kind of sucked, but luckily it was a quiet day. Sharon dropped me off to work so she could pick me up and we would go straight to Christmas Mass in Oakville by Gil and Marie's house. Luckily Kat lives nearby and she told me to park on her driveway, which we did. When we got to the Church, Con astutely pointed out, "well, these are not the demographics we're used to". He was right. It was a White Christmas, afterall.

The Mass itself was pretty good, with them having a play done by the kids, and the choir/band being quite good. I haven't been to Church in a long while. I don't know what the new year will bring for me with that.

Anywho, we went to my parent's house for dinner. Gil, Marie and Xavier had to go to Marie's grandma's house first, so we had some time before the chaos that would ensue when he got to our house. My parents got a Wii, so Sharon and I battled it out with the games they had. Good times (perhaps because I kept winning...oh that's right Bubba)!

When they finally came, as expected, everyone was fawning over the babyboy. He's such a cute kid; perhaps I'm a bit biased, but whateves.

Random quotes by my Mother who is funny, but not trying to be funny:

-"I came home and Con ate all the first floor! I didn't know where it all went!" (trying to describe to Sharon how my brother ate pretty much all of the first tray of the Tofiffee candies")

-"Where's the Goo-Gaa-Gann? Goo-gaa-gun? Goo-goo-goon?" (actually that was both my Mom and Dad trying to ask Con to get the Guylian chocolates)

-"Who is that?" (the question my Mother asked Gil when looking at a picture Gil showed her of Xavier. Naturally, the outrage that followed was quite humourous. We're left wondering if my Mom brought him to Square One or something, would she bring home a black kid thinking it was Xavier?)

Anywho, Happy Christmas to all. Gonna go to the In-Laws for lunch and then we're gonna come home and CSI it. Then we're gonna have to prepare for the weekend when we have company over (the only thing I dislike about that? Having to actually prepare the food for it. It's a nerve-racking experience)

No comments: