Thursday, December 31, 2009

Take 30

Here we go, the annual "what I would ideally like to do over the course of the next calendar year" list.

What happened from last year? Here's the list and the results:

1. Be a better, more grateful, helpful and happier husband to Sharon
(I'm not sure, you're gonna have to ask her about that)
2. Be better, more grateful, helpful and happier to myself
(still working on that)
3. Be healthier (hey, you can't ever be too healthy)
(I think it's coming along...I actually kept up with the "working out at least three times a week" aspect)
4. Work less, enjoy life more
(check)
5. Recognize my limitations, embrace my strengths
(still working on that too)
6. Get a dog and be responsible for her (somehow, adding this on a new years resolution seems awfully a lot like implying something to a certain reader of mine)
(FAIL)
7. Be more responsible
(in what way? What the heck was I thinking when I wrote that? But whateves, I'll just say, "check")
8. Finish renos! (I think this one will be on every list from now on)
(I finished the bathroom, which was a big accomplishment to me. I even installed a window in my garage)
9. Curb some of that conspicuous consumerism
(aside from the clothing I needed -- I did need to get clothes that fit me better -- I think this one, ummm...still needs to be worked on)
10. Stress less. About everything
(working on that too)

Let's see what I could muster up in the next 15 minutes (when I get to leave work):

1. Be more patient with all the people around me (especially my wife)
2. Be more patient with all aspects of life
3. Be more healthier (not only physically, but emotionally and mentally as well)
4. Finish the renos! (kitchen this year)
5. Curb some of that conspicuous consumerism
6. Stress less. About everything (okay, at this point I seem to be copying the same stuff from last year)
7. Be more confident
8. Recognize the things and people that truly make me happy in life
9. Don't screw up (biggest one)

Merry New Year's! Wish me luck!

No comments: