Monday, August 09, 2010

I Love Modern Amenities

Don't get me wrong; it was a fun time at Kevuth's Camp. It's just that after not showering for 3 days (it was too cold for me to bathe in the lake), it's nice to be bake where there is running, warm water.

So I did a whole lot of nothing, as well as fishing, eating, sleeping and paddle boating. What was disappointing? We didn't get to use our bikes (became inconvenient because we had to take a boat across a lake to get to our car). But that's okay because my wheels were flat after a few days anyway (some bike mechanic I am).

And as we sat in traffic yesterday (took us about 6 hours to get home from Sudbury), it compounded the fact that there is absolutely no desire for me to get a cottage or do the "go North for the weekend" thing that the Canadian Dream directs you to do. I guess I'm not white afterall.

So now it's a new week and I have to hype myself up. I also have to really start running because I have a 10km race in less than a month. Yikes

No comments: