Saturday, August 14, 2010

What Is Up With The Can't Sleep?

So Saturday is the day I'm supposed to sleep in but yet, here I am awake at my usual 5:00am. Too many things on the mind, I suppose. I really should stop thinking so much.

I set my mental alarm clock for 7:00am because I was supposed to go running. Perhaps I'll start a little earlier today? Or maybe I'll just lie down again.

And then I realized: if Bubs and I ever have a kid, these are the moments I'll think, "wow...this was the stress in your life back then? That's so gay"

* * *

Things my Mother says that still amuse me:

-at the restaurant, while playing with Xavier: "Teek-a-Boo! Keek-a-Boo! Peek-a-Doo!" (you know, everything but "Peek-a-Boo!")

-talking about my cousin's kid, who has Downs Syndrome: "Did you see Mia? She's getting so big and smart. She's not so much Downs" (not really sure what she meant)

-my parents are going to the Philippines, and my mother smothering Xavier, dramatically (and seriously) saying to him, "Don't you ever forget me...don't forget your Lola...I will miss you so much...don't ever forget me...". They will be back in one month, not, you know, forever. I wonder where I get my dramatic tendencies from?

-upon my brother and me driving my parents to the airport. As we were approaching the airport from the highway, I asked them what Terminal they would be going to. My Dad said, "Korean Airlines". So we looked for the sign. Con found it first and said "3", nearly the same time I said it. A second after that, my Dad said "3". And a yet a second after that as if no one said anything? My Mom says, "3". It was one of those moments that you realize that reaction times really do slow down as you get older

-when we were hugging them goodbye, my Mom kept winking to me "secretly" and saying, "look after your brother, make sure he's okay, make sure the house is okay. Tell me what you want from the Philippines". Even if I wanted something and I told her I don't think she would remember and she didn't exactly write it down. I don't think she really intended to get me something from the Philippines

No comments: