Tuesday, November 02, 2010

Gotta Snap Out Of It

So I think I'm in a funk.  Physically, emotionally, mentally...what have you.

I gotta snap out of it.  It's manifesting in my basketball games (only 4 points today, and we lost).  I have no energy.

It's time to git up and git at it

*  *  *

Went to Bioped today and met Jools and her new (half-Asian) baby Dexter.  He's so frikin' cute and smiley and bouncy (and he's only 4 months old).  I'm hoping our baby turns out that way.  I think she trusted me because I was pretty much babysitting him for 30 minutes by myself as she worked on my orthotics (I'm oddly flattered by that and I feel good about it.  Go figure).  I thought it was funny when the other customers there thought it was my baby.  I was gonna go along with it, but then I realized that this child was wayyyy too cute to be mine.

One of her "secrets" she told us to do was to use this thing called Baby Plus (put it on Sharon's belly in the morning and night to mimic the sound of heartbeats).  I mean, sure, it may be some new-age-fangled thing, but it's worth a shot?  We need to give every advantage to this child, because genetically, we're not starting him/her off good...lol

No comments: