Thursday, November 11, 2010

It's Like Puberty All Over Again

I've always prided myself on the fact that I have been able to go only 5-6 hours of sleep a day, and still be somewhat effective.  I used to just mentally will myself not to be sleepy or lethargic.  Lately, though, I've been feeling tired.  I hope this doesn't mean my mental strength is starting to wane (not that I've ever had mental strength).

I hope my body isn't changing again.  I need to be able to perform on a few hours of sleep, especially with a baby on the way.

Can't wait till my voice starts to crack?

1 comment:

Jen(nnn) said...

It's not about the total number of hours. I probably still get at least 8-10 hours of sleep a day. It's that none of it is consecutive.

If you really want to know what it's like, try this:

- Set your alarm to go off every 3 hours.
- When the alarm sounds, get up and do something for 15-30 mins to ensure you are totally awake.
- Then try to go back to sleep as fast as you can so you can maximize the amount of sleep you get before the next alarm sounds (do not reset the alarm).

I keep thinking maybe it would have been easier if we had done this years ago, but then I remember sleep-deprivation is a form of torture for a reason.

One day though, the baby will smile a big gummy grin just because they've seen your face, and it will be all worth it. I promise.