Sunday, September 25, 2011

You Can Do...(Wait, Pee First)...It!

So I did the Oakville 10km race this morning with Argay and Wiles.

I wasn't expecting to do well, all things considering, but I did something I've never done before during a race:  I stopped for a pee break.  Seriously, what the heck?  And it wasn't just a pee break, it was a long pee break.  I must've drank a lot of liquids.

I knew I should've went before the race, but I thought I wouldn't have enough time.  At the time I went to the portapotty, Ian was ahead of me.  I knew when I got out I wouldn't catch him, but Arvin was behind me.  Sure enough, there he was when I got out (at the 4 km mark).

I spent the next 5.5 kms chasing after him, thinking, damn, he beat me.  And he also had these tights that of course we didn't stop making fun of him about; I spent 5.5 km staring at them...lol.

But then something weird happened: I got a burst of energy with about 500 m left.  I ended up beating him by 2.6 seconds.  I think I officially caught up to him in our unofficial head-to-head match-ups (regardless of his claim that this race "doesn't count because it's not the Mississauga Marathon one").

Of course after he reads this, he's going to go on some crazy training regiment.  I KNOW YOUR PLAN.

(Ian beating us doesn't count because he has nothing else to do up in Newcastle except run.  So there.)

Anywho, I'm hurting a bit right now, and of course I have that whole "I'm going to train harder for the next race" thing going on.  I even just signed up for the Mississauga Marathon 10k run just now.  (Really, who am I kidding?)

I also have a 5k race next month.  This should be interesting

No comments: