Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Crunches, Crampches, Tomato, Tomato

So I did abs this morning for the first time in a long while.

And did it show?  Oh, it showed already.  I got these muscle cramps like I've never had before.  Usually a cramp would come and go.  This one was quite sustained.  I had to walk it off with my arms held up high.  I (think I) was able to go unnoticed by the crowd at the gym lest I embarrass myself.

But then afterwards, I thought what was more embarrassing:  having people see me cramp up, or having people see me hyperventilate (which I tend to do when I freak out, as such the case here)?  Luckily it sort of went away.

I think I've let myself go a little too much and I've been using the convenient excuse of "being a father".

Unacceptable.  Must...try...harder...

*  *  *

Worked on the fireplace this past evening.  Really wish there were more hours in the day.  It's going really slow (and I really hope I'm not screwing up anything here.  Or at the very least, I hope I'm not going to burn my house down)

No comments: