Sunday, October 16, 2011

Return Of The Mac(sen)

So Mistie was in town and baby Macsen celebrated his 1st birthday at Axia Restaurant.  They had a Korean tradition where they place 5 items, each representing a different "future path", that Macsen was to pick.

Some of the items included money (representing a future with money), rice (representing the fact that he will never go hungry), and a pencil (representing him being a scholar).  The guests were supposed to guess which one he was going to pick, and of course most everyone picked the pencil (considering his lineage).

But I, of course, went against the grain.  Or in this case, I went with the grain...the rice grain, that is (oh so clever).  Out of the 50 or so guests, I was one of three people that chose the rice.

And of course, my man Macsen chose the rice.  So then he had to pick one of the three names out of a box and he picked my name, what!

Boom!  $25 Tim Horton's giftcard.

I picked up Macsen and got a picture with him...crying.  But whatever, I know he was just looking out for his uncle.

What was my secret to picking the correct item?  Well...he's Asian.  They like rice.  My logic is astounding, I know

No comments: