Saturday, October 22, 2011

It's That Point!

Danny finally came over and hooked up the gas fireplace.  Yee-uh!

I love it when I get to the "halfway point" in a renovation.  I know what left I have to do.  I mean, sure, it's a crazy amount still and I'm going to have to take some days off of work, but at least the part where I'm dependent on another person (save for the Cambria person at the end) is over with.

I just hope the "smell" goes away when the fireplace is actually on.  I'm going to believe that because it's a new unit, the adhesives/paint needs time to get accustomed to the heat it generates.

Watching/helping Danny install the fireplace also made me think about how I'd love to be able to work with my hands for a living (if only I was able to keep the same hours/benefits/lifestyle of the work life I have right now)

No comments: