Saturday, November 12, 2011

Been Waiting For You, Jinx

So I've been touting this past week and some days that I haven't been getting called out for any on-call work.  Well wouldn't you know it...I got called twice today.

First one in the morning for a fire.  Good thing we were all awake, Eamon just finished eating, and my in-laws were okay to babysit (Sharon went to go get new snowtires for the Camry).

Then when I was coming back from that call, I got called again.  This time it was a water quality issue.  I mean, yeah, it was in Peel...but it was all the way at the far reaches of Peel up in Caledon.  I actually used to inspect the site years ago I had to go all the way to (Peace Ranch).  The administrator even remembered me, as did the owner of the bakery I went to for a quick snack (weird thing to be flattered about).

All-in-all, 7.5 hrs of work and 150 kms driven.  Looks like Eamon will be getting a Christmas gift after all!

Hoping for a quiet day tomorrow.  But if I get called, that's double-time.  Okay, maybe one call wouldn't be bad?


*  *  *


My Mother's Facebook status:


"to all november birthday honoree's happy birthday to all including my husband teng happy birthday hubby you make me happy on our trip lol"


That's my Mother.  Punctuation still be damned!  And would you look at that..."lol"


That literally made me lol

No comments: