Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Crown Mouldy

Dang, what day is it?

As always, I never thought this fireplace reno would take this long.  Actually, maybe I just never thought exactly how long it would take.  But as I always think to myself:  if I want something done correctly, then I shouldn't rush.

Yesterday, I (think, hope, pray) started on the home stretch of things including painting the first coat and putting up crown molding.  Ah yes, the crown molding...I got a size too small (looked funny in comparison with the taller baseboards we have on the main level).  So back to Rona I went, returned and got bigger sized crown moldings.

And cutting it at the proper miters was of course time consuming.  I hope once I fill it all in with the wood filler, caulk the edges and paint it, it will look decent.  Seriously, we better move after I'm done with this to maximize on any profits we might have (yeah, right).

Now to figure out what to do with the mantel...

Anywho, time to gogogogogogogogogo

No comments: