Sunday, November 27, 2011

Drunk...On Pork

So that was a fun reception last night.  I think (think? More like I know) I ate too much.  Of course I did not drink, but damn was the food ever good.  That porchetta station at the end of the night, which I was telling myself not to do because of the copious amounts of food I ate prior to that but couldn't resist, put me over the top.  I now have the hungover feeling (where I feel sluggish, body feels off, and for extra-goodness, a coating of grease on my throat and mouth).  I might not be regretting it right now, though...it was really, really good pig.

The party itself was good with good music (as to be expected as Mike is a talented musician and his musician friends were there too), good company (we were at a table with crazy white girls!  Oh, and Argay and I intertwined our fingers as we held hands.  Don't ask), good dancing (must be if my wife told me that I smelled like BO at the end of the night.  Thanks, wife)  and a brief reprieve from parenthood (not that I mind being a parent).

But of course, no matter how long or late we stayed up...we're still up at 5:30am because of the boy.

Today is going to be a long day too...swimming, then I'm going to Toronto to see what kind of tuxes/suits to get for Arfeli's nups, then back home to continue working on this fireplace.  I believe we've entered that busy part of the season...

No comments: