Friday, November 11, 2011

Fatherly Advice That Only My Father Could Give

After getting home from a rather long work week, my parents came over to babysit Eamon while Sharon and I went out for dinner at East Side Mario's (followed by a very exciting Winners and Walmart after-dinner date).

A lot of leaves had fallen since the last time we raked, and a lot of it accumulated on the driveway.  I didn't park in the garage like I normally would because I knew we were going out right away.

Dad:  "Where did you park?  Did you park on top of the leaves?  Why don't you clean off the leaves from your driveway?!?"  (he seemed quite upset)

Me:  "Huh?  Why?"

Dad:  "The catalytic converter.  Those leaves could catch on fire."

Me:  "Okay (?)"

But of course they can.  My Dad never stops giving me these life lessons the only way he knows how.  I can't wait to teach Eamon similar, very important life lessons.


Oh, and this after Sharon told me that when they came over, my Dad was taking off his jacket and Sharon was going to get the jacket from my Dad.  But instead, my Dad went in for a handshake, apparently thinking that Sharon was going for a handshake instead of the jacket.  A handshake?  Yup


No comments: