Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Yay...Awwww...

You know that moment when you think everything clicks in, and then, well...it doesn't?

I had a brief moment of that today.  As I have been talking (complaining?) about this fireplace reno I've been doing, I thought I had the chance to finish before my deadline of December 10.  I went to order my "accent piece" for the fireplace, and they said it would be available by next week.

Well womp womp...they called me back and told me that it wouldn't be ready for another 2 weeks.  What can I do?  I went to look at other places that could do the same work and...they cost roughly twice to four times the cost of the company I am going with.  A few days after December 10 is a small price to pay to save that much money.

Luckily, the majority of the other stuffs is done/going to be done:  installation of mantel (check), crown molding (check), first coat of paint for the crown molding (check).  Then our family room finally comes back all together again (with the exception of the accent wall).

I guess it looks okay.  More modern, if anything.  And once I finish it, I get to make the oft-told joke of, "okay, and now we move?"

No comments: