Wednesday, November 16, 2011

How Did I Forget The Power Of Double?

Why do I always miscalculated/underestimate my abilities?  I swear I'm so delusional and I have amnesia when it comes to things like this.

So I was plastering the fireplace last night (I've said it before and I'll say it again: drywalling is so not fun).  I figured it would take maybe 2 hours.  And...of course it took 4 hours.

Hoping for that day when the power of double maybe turns into the power of one-point-five then the power of one.  (Keep on wishing there buddy)

*  *  *

Last night of on-call what!  Luckily no calls last night.  I really, really hope there is budget for overtime pay, otherwise I'll have to take time-in-lieu.  And I'd be quiet sad if that were the case; I forgot who told me this, but I've always abided by the "take the money as opposed to the time" mantra

No comments: