Sunday, June 24, 2012

Aroo

So it was a nice weekend.

On Saturday morning, we made the jaunt to Wasaga to Marie's parents' place, which turned out to be a house (none of this "roughing it" stuff).  It was walking distance to the beach, which was great to go out to with the boys.  Xavier and Antonio really love Eamon and hug/squeeze him so much that Eamon ends up crying...lol.

Then today was the Spartan Race.  Yeah...cray.  It was quite intense (in that my heart was beating so intensely I thought it was going to have an attack).  I have a bunch of scrapes and bruises, but overall I had a good time.  Just sort of wished I didn't eat that bacon in the morning.  I ended up throwing away all the clothes and shoes I was wearing at the race because it was such a filthy, muddy mess I just don't think I could've salvaged it.  I came unofficially in first on my team of 10, but we'll see the results in the next few weeks.  I'll see if I do it again next year.

The mud also made my skin somewhat rejuvenated.  So this is what a spa feels like?  I had to soap and scrub three times to get it all off.  My skin went through quite a workout today.

The only part of the weekend I didn't enjoy?  The cottage country traffic for the ride home.  Eamon screamed and cried for a solid 35 minutes before he fell asleep.  I still don't know how anyone could do that drive every weekend.  I would never want to get a cottage up north (this being one of many reasons not to want to).

Getting home we saw our neighbour Don across the street.  Looks like they are picking up and moving, as the condo-life is calling them.  A little bit sad of course because they were pleasant enough people, but there is always that worry that the new neighbours that move in we may not like.  Then again, we may be those neighbours, so really I shouldn't say anything.

Anywho, back to work tomorrow.  As always, the weekend just flies by.  Time to hype myself up, Spartan-style:  AROO!

No comments: