Friday, June 15, 2012

Bound To Happen (WNV Edition)

I always try to start a new opportunity with positivity.  For example, when I started this WNV position for the summer, I was upbeat and excited.

But then it slowly crept in, and of course it was bound to happen...the negativity.

In this case, it's not the work per se.  Instead, it's a couple of co-workers I have to deal with.  Definitely not my favourite people.  The type that walk around and think they own the place/know everything.  Even more infuriating is that they interrupt conversations people are having that they are not a part of and interject their opinion.  They are also so constantly negative and everything to them is a "tragedy".  Way, way worse than I am.

I've been biting my tongue all this time, but I feel like I'm soon going to say "eff it. Shut the f*ck up" to them (as if I really would.  Maybe not in those exact words, but something similar to that).  I think I already sort of did today.

And as a result, the shrek-looking one whose face needs a thorough loofahing and looks like an ugly elephant gave quite the attitude to me.  I can't help but laugh (along with the feelings of anger and insecurity I've been known to have).

Luckily I have some other co-workers I enjoy working with.

I just have to make sure I stay quiet and don't create any drama

*  *  *

Accomplishment:  got Xavier, the notorious picky-eater, to eat (went to his house after work because they needed some babysitting)

No comments: