Thursday, January 27, 2005

Had An Interesting Convo Today

With a Chinese lady who owns a Great Canadian Bagel in Bolton. She said to me that it is very hard to operate her business in that town. I concurred, and told her that it didn't help that Tim Horton's was nearby. I felt bad for her because their product is much better: fresh, and not frozen (like Timmie's bagels). Then she said that her business would be much better if a white person owned and ran the place. Makes me wonder exactly how great Bolton is for minorities. But whatever, Sharon wants to live in Oakville anyway. Yikes...I have some planning to do for the future.
All this because of a conversation with a Chinese Lady in a White Town. She should have just opened up a Chinese Restaurant there then. Oh, then there is the Country Style Donuts there, that are run by an Indian family. Another company that Timmie's is gonna crush. What are these people thinking? It makes me sad for them, as all they wanted was a place to run and call their own.

No comments: