Saturday, January 15, 2005

Welcome Home Rice!

That's the name I always called Rizalyn in Grade 9. I had such a crush on her, that I wanted her to remember me, so I called her "Rice." Little did I know that she would have my baby...actually, nah. None of that happened. But she's a good friend and I'm glad that we stayed friends, as she always "keeps it real."
So anywho, she came home from Italy after spending 4 months there, and is off in the next couple of days to go to New York for another 4 months. Talk about "living the life" of a travelling student. Luckily I'm happy with my choices, and I never really had the urge to "get away." We all went to a place called 2nd floor, some cheesy Mississauga lounge/club where Coffee, Tea, or Me used to be. If Angela didn't have her birthday there, there would have technically been no one there. Dry, needless to say.
Before that, I went to Milestones with my girlfriend to celbrate Madie's birthday (as planned by Kim). I swear if Sharon and I didn't talk as much as we did, it would be a dead silence table. And to top it off, I ordered some crappy dish I shouldn't have (Portobello Mushroom Chicken). Talk about bland. I should've just ordered a salad. I am, after all, in training.
And why I didn't update last night? I worked 13 hours doing overtime with Diana Teng. She's a fun gal to work with. I hope I get to work with her again; she brings out the worst of the "government worker" in me. And then I promptly spent the overtime money I earned on the outing tonight. I'm happy that at least Sharon really enjoyed her Thai Chicken Tacos. It was tasty.
Wow I used a lot of quotation marks.

No comments: