Wednesday, January 19, 2005

What A Day

To recap:
-woke up to a lot of snow and traffic, but not as bad as some as I went early in the morning to the gym
-ran for 15 minutes, up from 14 the previous day
-went to work, waited for the chiropractor's office to tell me what time my x-ray was
-got the call, and she expected me to go the clinic right then and there. Right.
-tried to book half a sick day. Boss told me to go during my lunch instead. Decided I would have to lie to him and go and tell him I didn't go. It would just make things easier.
-got my x-ray
-went to Dr. Koh. Found out I have a slightly bent spine where it's not supposed to be bent.
-found out I would have to go to the clinic like 12 times in the next month.
-received my first treatment. Serious bone crunching noises.
-going tomorrow again. Yay bone cracking
-went back to work
-found out Boss is freaking out about a certain meat plant not labelling or packaging properly. Our regulations do not cover this. Boss never really listens to me, so what does it matter? I get angry. Tell Kiran about it. She agrees that he never listens.
-Found out I could get Platinum tickets to tonight's Raptors game for "your best offer" from some guy selling them desperately. These are $150 tickets each. I want to offer $20 each, but am too chicken to. Ruby offers to ask for me. She gets them for $50 for the pair. Score!
-Boss wants to go on an inspection of the meat plant with me. Already frustrated, how am I going to get those tickets? Ruby to the rescue again...she get them for me. I owe her lunch!
-inspection is a pain in the ass. I admit that a lot of the fault is mine, and you know how I hate being wrong, but a lot of my frustrations stem from Boss. It's especially tough knowing my performance appraisal is in the next few weeks, and me looking like a dumbass to him. I hope I get a raise still. Argh.
-found out I have to go back to the place tomorrow after writing a letter. It's not even my area anymore!!! This makes me even more madder.
-tried to forget about it and go to the game. I ask Ken to drive. He has his Mercedes. Sweet...if we are going to have rich-boy tickets, we might as well go there like we're rich.
-Went to the game. Here are my notes from the game that I posted on Raptorblog:

Guess who got lucky and got cheap-ass platinum seats again? Talk about luck when someone at work is unable to go and is desperate to sell them and I pick up the tickets at 83% off! So here are some thoughts to what I saw:

-picked up (rather, got delivered to me) the pulled-pork sandwich. Damnmit, it's that dang good...
-THUNDERSTICK night! First time I ever laid my hands on a pair. It is loud and annoying...perfect-I was 8 rows up behind the Raptors bench.
-Pape Sow needs to tuck in his shirt, and at least iron it. Loren Woods looks like he has a perma-sore-loser-face (seriously, it looks like he's gonna cry). Alex English is tall. Hoffa's tats are uglier up close and in person.
-These Raptors hug a lot, and not just hug, but hug, you know, like they were gone overseas fighting in some war and came back and settled in each other's arms. I seriously thought Rafer and Jalen were going to start making out. It was that emotional
-Michael Sweetney is one chunky chunk chunk. Seriously. I screamed at him, "YOU SHOULD EAT A SALAD." I am pretty sure he heard me.
-rousing ovation for the JYD. I missed him as a player for the Raps whenever he hustled for the ball. I didn't miss him as a Rap when he took those crazy lay-up attempts. I missed him as a Rap when he grabbed those offensive rebounds and stuck them back in. I didn't miss him as a Rap when he took those horrible free throws shots. I missed him as a Rap when he took those offensive charges. I didn't miss him as a Rap when I considered how much he got paid. It really was quite confusing to me whether or not I missed him or not.
-The "best point guard in the league" looked like he had no energy whatsoever. Allan Houston looked like he had no more knees that bent (I screamed to him in the not-so-original chant of "Houston you have a problem." I look back on it right now, and I think: that was horrible). Nazr Mohammed is the next Jamal Magloire (Kentucky is doing a good job producing those long-armed under seven foot centres). Tim Thomas...what a waste of talent and size.
-Highlight of the night for me and the kid with his Dad sitting next to me: seeing Eric Williams come out of the locker room from half time and we all shouted, "ERIC!" Then he looked at us, we pointed at him in the you-ma-homie-dogg fashion, and he pointed back to us. Seriously, we felt like we were his crew.
-Lowlight of the night for me and the kid with his Dad sitting next to me: trying the same thing on Milt Palacio, and receiving his stare of "don't-make-fun-of-me-or-I'll-kill-you" look because I am assuming he heard us making fun of him during the game of just how much he can't shoot nor finish a lay up nor dribble with the other hand. Seriously, he looked like he was mad at us. I wouldn't have been surprised if he tried to get to us in the stands a la Artest, but then miss us with his right hook like how he misses his lay ups
-Thought mid-way through the third quarter: man, the only way this night would be even more perfect would be if I got free pizza. Thought at the end of the quarter: oh well, no free pizza. Thought mid-way through the fourth quarter: what the?!? The might actually do it! Thought after Donyell hit that three to get the crowd free pizza: I hope you didn't look like an idiot jumping up and down with your thundersticks. You are more excited than the kids. Jeez, just please, sit down. It's...a...frikin'...pizza...slice...
-Fan sightings: Superfan Nav. Mayor David Miller. That hot girl in the white. That hot girl in the pink. Those guys with those hot girls who prolly wouldn't be with those girls if they weren't loaded (no, I'm not a hater :? )-Long Distance Shoot Out competition thought: why do they always pick those guys that don't look like they even know what a basketball is to shoot those free throws for prizes? He has friking cowboy boots on. Cowboy boots!!!
-some of those Dance Pak girls have the craziest thunder thighs. I'm talking about thighs larger than Loren Woods (maybe that's not the best example...let's say the aforementioned chunky chunk chunk Sweetney). I would've thought "equal opportunity" and that they were good dancers, but after seeing the routines...nah

All in all, a great game. The last time I had Platinum seats, I thought it was once-in-a-lifetime. I guess it is a twice-in-a-lifetime event for me. So I tried to pretend like I was there before and play it cool and calm and collected. But I couldn't leave without feeling that the regular season ticket holders knew I didn't belong. I don't know why :shrug:
Anywho, sorry for the long post. Just wanted to share with y'all again.
Now my next mission in life: to get courtside seats somehow


-Went home and wrote a whole lot about my day. Oh well, it's always exciting whenever a big day occurs. To me, anyways.

No comments: