Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Free Money, Loss Of Identity

I used to always think that I would never be a gambler, a person addicted to games where money is easily thrown around. I always thought that money is too valuable to let go freely. I always thought that it was a waste of money.
But then recently I was thinking to myself: be something you're not, at least try it. So instead of taking up cocaine or marijuana or alcohol or sexcapades, I decided to try gambling. I set an amount I thought I was going to lose, and once lost, I would not try it again as I would see it's an enormous waste of money. But then a funny thing happened as I went today (yes, it's a Tuesday, and I thought that it would be a cheap night and a good day to go considering I don't have work tomorrow)...
I won.
In fact, I doubled the amount of money I set aside plus another $15. Yikes. My plan backfired.
Well, I don't think I'm gonna be addicted because I have too much other responsibilities. Plus, as Sharon says, "she'll knock it out of me" if I get addicted.
So yeah, I never thought I would gamble, but it's fun. Especially when you first get deflowered at the Blackjack table. Oh boy, and did I look like a rookie; doubling down when I didn't have to and not splitting when I should've. But whatever, I won and the money I won is the money I'm gonna spend tomorrow. Yes, I am going back tomorrow, but only because I was already gonna go to Buffalo with Anne and her Mother.
Here's to breaking even...

No comments: