Sunday, April 17, 2005

Why Does Indian Food Make Me Nauseous?

Perhaps because the last time I ate it I barfed. Even though it may have not been the culprit to my sickness, you always associate the last thing you ate with the cause of what made you sick. No wonder whenever I do Indian restaurant inspections it doesn't look appetizing to me. Where did this thought come from? I went to The Host Indian Restaurant with Sharon, her parents and her Grandfather. I did eat the food though, but it wasn't enjoyable as it would have been, say, if I didn't get sick before.
Before that, I went to the new Yorkdale Mall with Nina to get this magical cheese knife for my cousin Che. After 30 minutes, I finally found the frikin' thing. The mall looked nice, I guess, but still overpriced. Arvin thought the mall looked absolutely great, but I reminded him that the majority of shoppers there dress up just to go to the mall, so it looks like only beautiful people shop there. Oh, and gay people. I also bought what I always have to buy when I'm there: a cheese stick from Michel Baguette. I also got Kernel's Cheesy Dill Popcorn. Abso-frikin'-lutely great popcorn.
Speaking of Nina, she told me that her and Anne's parents think it's weird that I'm hanging around them so much lately and not Sharon. Yikes. I had a feeling it would come to that. Okay, that's it.
After The Host, Sharon and I went to Tito Gene's and Tita Day's 30th Wedding Anniversay party. We did a little ballroom dancing (emphasis on "little" as we did hardly any of it right). I really wanna take it, I think I enjoy it a lot. Oh, and I made a bad joke that we got engaged, and all my family thought it was true. My goodness.
My Mom ordered an ube cake for the party. On the cake read: "Happy 30th Wedding A. Gene & Inday." At what point did the cakemaker think they weren't gonna have enough room to spell "Anniversary"? Was it after the A? That was perhaps the worst example of an abbreviation I have seen. Can't wait to have a "Happy 30th B. Jason!" cake.

No comments: