Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Low Batt

I think it is finally catching up to me: fatigue. I have "low batt" as they say here (means "low battery" or no energy. My goodness the slang here, eh). Man, I've been going out everyday since I got here and I think I need a rest. But...

Woke up early this morning as Kuya Rocky, Ate Mye, Ate Karol and her mother in law picked us up to go back to 168. Geez, from the start I knew it was going to be a long day.

Ate lunch and it was then that I concluded: diet for me when I get home. Geez I really am wanting to go workout. Enough with the eating; I decided that I would not eat for the rest of the day.

Went to Caloocan, but luckily Ate Carol saved me from having to actually stay there by offering me to take me back to Las Pinas. It's not that I didn't want to stay there, but it was hot and they had no A/C and I would be doing nothing. So I went to Ate Carol's house while my parents stayed in Caloocan.

At Ate Carol's place, Sophie and Annejosh greeted me with their usual hyper selves. I never received this much attention before from children, and I love it (although it is quite tiring). They are very smart for their age (4 and 3), and I think I'll miss them a lot when I leave.

I was supposed to get a massage at Ate Carol's house (a CLEAN massage) from the masseuse she always hires, but she couldn't make it. So instead I went to the golf driving range with Kuya Jojo. It was fun, and interesting having someone place the ball on a little pile of dirt that acted as a tee. Talk about being pampered. And the cost of having all this service and about 100 balls to hit? Converted about $4!!! I don't think I can go back to Canada's driving ranges anymore. Oh, and I got a blister on my thumb. I don't think I'm a good golfer.

Came back to Paranaque, where now I'm waiting for my parents to come home. I'm tired, but tomorrow is, yes, another day. I'm borrowing money from Tita Mila, as I am (surprise surprise) over my $1000 budget. Ah well, it's not like I go here a lot!

No comments: