Friday, October 06, 2006

Financial Planning 101

Took this course today at work, and was impressed with it. Taught me some new stuff, strengthened my knowledge on others, and basically taught me "not to spend more than I make." While that's a definite "duh" to some people, you'd be surprised how many people earning over $120000 household income are struggling to make ends meet, especially keeping in mind that the average household income in Canada is $46000. Crazy!
If there was one thing to come out of this, it's that I am determined we pay off our mortgage as soon as we can. Of course, though, that means I'd prolly have to find a part-time job. Hopefully I'll be able to do this hardwork thing the next couple of years.
* * *
So of course, instead of saving money, I am spending it. Going to Montreal tomorrow for a mini-trip with Ian, Maunly, Arvin and Danielle. Hopefully I will be over this ear infection thing I am currently experiencing, but it should be fun regardless.

No comments: