Sunday, October 29, 2006

Visting Mattamyville...Ummm...Milton

So Sharon and I went with Ron and Melanie to Milton to check out the neighbourhoods there (they bought a townhouse/village home there and will move in July). All the neighbourhoods there were built by Mattamy! It was crazy; it was like suburbia at its best. We even visited all the model homes. At the end, it was an interesting if not fun time for me.
I was always hesitant to even consider moving there because of the increased driving time to work, and I always preferred Mississauga (no bias there...lol). Sharon wanted to at least look and consider living there. But after today, I think she has second thoughts about it. On an unrelated note, my reaction might have been something like this:

...C...A!
It's not that it's not a nice place to live, it just felt so densely packed and the roads would be like chaos. Not that the place we're gonna live at is gonna be much different, but I'm imagining the lots will be at least a little bigger and the homes a little more character.
Regardless, many congrats to Ron and Melanie for purchasing their first house; it's gonna be an exciting time, that's for sure!

No comments: