Monday, October 30, 2006

I Also Heart Basketball

Aside from the more strenuous sport of ping pong, I'm also an avid basketball lover. Aside from the aberration of me playing in a men's rec league last year, I always dreamed of playing in a basketball league where there wasn't so much...drama. In other words, I like playing for fun.
So this morning, I got to play one-on-one with a guy I see at the gym every so often. He is younger than me (he still goes to University), but is a pretty good shooter. He asked if I wanted to play one-on-one; I willingly obliged. Basically, we played 3 games, each game going to 7. And whaddaknow, I won 2 games to 1! (Of course I neglect to mention he was just coming off an 8 hour nightshift, but that's besides the point. My shot was on fire! Again, I neglect to say that he let me shoot the majority of those shots, but again, that's besides the point)

Clearly an accurate depiction
I gots the basketball jones...can't wait till Wednesday's Raptors season opener. Oh damn, wait, I have wedding classes. Whomp-whomp

No comments: