Sunday, October 22, 2006

"What?"

That's basically what I was saying last night as I went clubbing for the first time in a long time. To celebrate Ken's and Melissa's birthdays, Sharon, Arvin, Ian and I went to Level nightclub in Toronto. What I remembered:
-Arvin and Ian having the same hair and the same style. It's always fun to go with them when they are drunk (which wouldn't take long...)
Arvin and Ian. Or Ian and Arvin. You pick.
-went to Melissa's house for the pre-party. Saw Walter there. Couldn't say anything (don't worry about the backstory on this one)
-Arvin and Ian polished off a wine bottle; no surprise there. Ian being so visibly tipsy that when I pointed it out to him, he said, "ith it noteyable?"
-to the club, where Nina and Liz met us by the stairwell
-"yo man, look at that girl, she dressed up like that for you, she looked at you, you should dance with her" -Ian, with the best quote of the night. Rather, he said the same quote about 19 times that night
-Ian and Arvin absolutely hammered
-regretting wearing an undershirt and breaking in my new shoes
-the music being horrendously loud. Me using tissue paper as ear plugs (yes, I know, I'm old)
-Ken having something like 15 drinks, and not getting drunk at all. Man, his oxygen dealcoholanase is much, much better than mine
-seeing a bunch of my workmates, who I know is going to say, "you and your fiance are so cute"
-my fiance being really cute
-going home, Ian farting and Sharon having to open the window. Oh, and Ian almost barfing and Arvin passing out
-meeting up with Ken, Walter, Nit and Marcin at Tremendous after dropping home everyone else. Having to be really quiet again so I didn't say anything to Walter
-sleeping at 5am for the first time in a long time, having a dream I woke up at 4pm, but waking up at 12pm

All in all, a pretty fun night. And what made it funner for me? Sharon came (believe me, this is a big thing)
* * *
Went to Korean BBQ today with the family for Con's birthday. Ah, Korean BBQ: where the experience stays with you. Only because your clothes stink afterwards.

No comments: