Sunday, July 16, 2006

Adieu, Good Doctor

At the risk of sounding like this guy:
Gimme ten!
I would like to wish many good luck and safe travels to this guy:

Smell de pingers
Dis-pa-dee-da today at his house, as he is leaving for the great city of Calgary tomorrow or Tuesday.
I remember a statment Dr, Sy said back when we all graduated high school: "I presumed, for one reason or another, we were all going to go to the same University." At the time, I thought it was a bit ridiculous as of course everyone went somewhere else.
Maybe I am the ridiculous one now? For one reason or another, I thought everyone (except for BJ) was just going to live in Mississauga after we all started our careers, having children here and just living out life. Of course, as things turned out, I was wrong. Even come a couple of years from now, other friends and people in my life will be relocating (heck, maybe even my wife...errrr...us).
Have I always been so naive to think that all my friends were perfectly happy here, not wanting to explore what else is out there? Am I wrong to feel perfectly content living here? Should I be moving to another province just to "try it out"? What happened to Jeff's plan of everyone having a specific role in his society?
Yikes, I become quite gay when someone moves away; it's not like they are dead or anything. But just knowing that things gones dones and changeds, and will never be the same...it's such a disparaging thought. I think I'm just a baby and way too emotional. I better learn to let things go, I guess.
In the end, though...I don't want to be...a murderer...(yep, sounds as gay as it felt typing it)

No comments: