Monday, July 03, 2006

Congrats To Team Alran (aka. Kiry)

Went to Kiran and Aly's wedding today, my first Muslim wedding. Some quick notes:
-Sharon was wearing a sari for the first time in her life, and she looked magnifique. Even her pasty white tummy was cute
-I wore these dress socks that came up to my knees. Basically it was like knee high stockings that girls wore with their kilts in high school. Oddly, it was quite comfortable
-the ceremony itself was nice, where I had to take off my shoes and sit on the floor crosslegged. Either than feeling like I was in high school again attending a school mass, it was nice. It even had a narrative to tell us non-Muslim people what was happening (and there were a lot of Chinese people there too)
-had three hours to kill, so Sharon, Jen E., and I ended up going to Jen T. and Mike's place to chill. We ate crackers and cheese and watched Dodgeball the Movie. Thanks Jen (that's right, I'm talking to you, now that I know you read my blog. Damn, now I can't type anything bad about you...a-heh-a-heh)
-went to the reception at La Premavera in Woodbridge. The antipasto bar was pretty good, with these potato chips with yogurt, hashbrowns, lamb tikka, and a chicken in a mint marinade. I had two servings, which was a good thing because...
-...the actual main course was not a lot of food. I usually thought of weddings as a place where you can overeat, but the main course consisting of tandoori chicken, mutton chops, daal, naan, etc. had portions so small not everyone got one piece of each thing. At least the Ras Malai was the dessert, but even that wasn't cold enough for my liking. There was, though, a chocolate fountain and I had good times with that. Come to think of it now, maybe it was a good thing there wasn't more food because I always tend to overeat at weddings
-there was an amature presentation of a bollywood type of dance number performed for the bride and groom, which inspired me to do this when the dance portion of the night came:

One-two-one-two-one...oh crap, lost my count
Man, so many people started dancing with me, it was crazy. Well, it didn't actually happen that way, but I'm almost tempted to take Bollywood dance classes now. Maybe not.
-I did dance with Sharon though, which is always good with her puckered-lips-bob-your-head-look-away dance. Man, I love her
All in all, a good wedding. Next one will be Team Mikenifer in London, where there will be twelve courses. I better start fasting now

1 comment:

Jen(nnn) said...

Yep that's right. You can't say anything bad about me now that I'm in your head... I mean, blogspace.

It was a great wedding! I had a lot of fun. Too bad Mike was lame and wanted to leave early (though in his defense, it was mostly due to him being hungry).

We're glad you and Sharon are coming to our shindig in August. If you start fasting now, you might be able to squeeze in that 12th course, as opposed to only 11.