Friday, March 16, 2012

Years I've Been Waiting And Have Been Patient And...

...the persistence paid off.

(Please note, the following story is quite lame).

I've been wanting to get a cordless drill holster for a few years now.  I always thought that it would be quite convenient, because whenever I'm using the drill I have to put it down, pick it back up, put it down, lather, rinse repeat.

The regular price of a drill holster is, in all respects, not that unaffordable (think: $15).  I mean, I spend more money on other useless things (never mind the fact that I prolly won't be using the drill so much as there are no projects in the near future that I would have to use it as much).

So I patiently waited for it to go on sale (it's the principle of the thing here, whatever that principle is).  And waited.  And waited.

Today I went to Crappy Tire to get a filter for the humidifier, and was just generally browsing the store.  I then saw it:  a drill holster.  On clearance.  For $5.69!  (it's been said before here how unnecessarily excited I get when I find a good deal on my conspicuous consumerism).

So I went to pay for the item and it didn't scan the correct price (it scanned at the regular $18.99).  They called an employee to go check the price, but there was no way that I was going to let this deal get through my hands.  Quite embarrassingly, I went to go get the price myself.  And I won.  Yeah!  Take that Canadian Tire!  (smh)

Anywho, I can't wait to use it...you know...eventually.  But when I do, oh how sweet it will be

*  *  *

As I am a person that altogether loves "deals" way too much and equally beating people in a lineup so I'm not at the back of the lineup, this latest conquest in my consumer habits made me happy:  as aforementioned, we bought bicycles (which, surprisingly, we have been using quite frequently) on clearance.  Luckily we bought it on a cold day.  Why?

Well, the hot day was the following day, and I swear, looking at the stock of the Canadian Tire bicycle racks showed that it would've been sold out if we waited, and we would've prolly had to buy more expensive bikes.

So again:  events that made me weirdly ecstatic for the win!  I really feel like someone should throw me a ticker tape parade here

No comments: