Sunday, August 12, 2012

Almost Hit The Ceiling

It was one of those moments where I felt like the luckiest person in the world (always seems to be when the littlest things occur).

In this case, I was painting the ceiling of Eamon's soon-to-be new room.  I bought one can of paint, thinking it was more than enough.  And yet again, my awesome powers of underestimating came shining through.

I should've known it too because a stippled-ceiling tends to suck up more paint.

Anywho, I literally ran out of paint on the last little part of the ceiling.  Of course this followed the pattern of the other part of the room painted first having nice, thick, heavy coats and the last part with thin, light coats...lol.  But whateves, it all looks okay and I got lucky avoiding buying another can of paint.

What doesn't look okay?  My body that is filled with paint splatters.  Seriously, what was I thinking?  As if I never done this before.  Did I not think I would get it all over my body?

And not only that, I used an oil-based paint.  So I needed to use paint thinner to get rid of the paint.  I hope my skin doesn't burn

*  *  *

Went to visit Liz at the hospital with her premmie Nate.  He's so dang small...can't remember when Eamon was that small.  Well I could remember, but I get a little sad thinking about how big he's getting so fast.  Doesn't help I looked at the photo album Sharon put together of him month by month.  My baby is growing!

And now he's getting so damn smart and boisterous.  He does these random things that makes me crack up so much.

Uh-oh, I'm becoming one of those parents.  I better stop talking about him in the event I get all annoying about it...lol


*  *  *

No comments: