Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Go-Ahd To Goa

So I'm here in Bangalore now after our jaunt to Goa. If there was one word that could describe it, it would be: damnhumidot. In other words, it was damn humid and damn hot.
But, the beaches were nice. As well:
-the wedding went good, and much good luck to Lawrence and Lavita. The ceremony was certainly different, and my duties as best man included putting Lawrence's suit jacket on him (ala Green Jacket at the Masters) and pulling a string that rained confetti on the couple. I'll never forget it, if only because I was swimming in my own sweat in my clothes
-mosquito bites galore
-meeting Sharon's Dad's side relatives, including her Uncles who is a very smart and well-travelled individual
-swimming in the ocean and in the awesome waves. I can't, though, ever get used to salt water
-taking 4-5 showers a day
-getting sick of Indian food, just as I predicted
We then flew out last night and arrived in Bangalore, where the weather is much more pleasant as they say here. Definitely. We are going to see a zoo today, where tigers await and hopefully I get to ride an elephant. Then I can definitely say that I went to India (although the fact I smell like it is definitely an indication).

No comments: