Monday, November 06, 2006

Something Better Than The Geek Squad:

The Geek Fob Squad! So my computer was on the fritz again for one reason or another (that actually being my motherboard being fried). So I took it to good ol' Alben to fix. Him being the guy who sold me the computer in the first place is besides the point. Anyway, he replaced my entire motherboard for free. If he didn't, I wouldn't know what to do to get it fixed. Thus, my list of "important people to know in that they won't rip you off" goes like this now:
1. Car Mechanic (still go to Toyota for this one)
2. Computer Repairman (check)
3. Haircutter (check)
4. Renovator (check, at least for flooring)
5. Travel Agent (check)
6. eBay contact in USA so that items shipped won't cost as much if shipped here (check)
7. Financial Advisor (if you count Sharon and myself, check; but, shouldn't this be like #1? damn)
8. Optician (check)
9. Real Estate Agent (I'm not sure yet what with us going with my Uncle...I hope, really hope, check)
* * *
Sucks being sick

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jason, if you can hook me up with #2 and #4, I may be able to help you out with #1, #7, and #9...

Does your flooring girl/guy deal with hardwood or ceramic tiles?

It's all about networking after all, eh?

huhboy said...

My flooring guy does both hardwood and ceramic tiles...but he may not be in the country at the present moment (he's on vacation, I think). As for my computer guy, it's a rather ghetto (but legal) store. We'll talk and see if you still want these services...haha