Thursday, November 02, 2006

Picture This:

No one wants to take our wedding pictures, unless of course we pay an exorbitant amount of money. The new photographer we tried contacting seemed good at first and contacted us promptly; but we haven't heard from him since Monday after trying to set up an appointment from him. Dammit! Maybe we weren't meant to have pictures?I guess our wedding photos will just be memories in our head? Are we that ugly? Argh.
* * *
Second last day of wedding classes today. Last night's class was a disaster, at least in the sense there are a lot of loser couples that are attending. There is the table we are sitting at, with six people with a combined IQ approaching just triple digits (I'm not trying to be mean here, but I don't think I'm exaggerating). They complain about everything single thing and make fun of the presenters. They were looking for the fourth couple that constituted their original table, as if Sharon and I were uninvited guests. Whatever...we sat there for the view, not to be with you retards.
Then there's the guy who complained at the end of the class (it was about sex and intimacy) and said to the presenter, "I've been sitting here for an hour and a half, and I don't agree with anything you say! It's like the Jerry Springer Show or something!" No, seriously. The girl is really lucky? He apparently didn't agree with the fact that most guys, when they have sex, think only about themselves and don't make the woman feel involved or loved.
It's so frustrating...if these frikin' ingrates don't want to be in these classes, why the heck do they want to get married in the Church? Yes I'm annoyed. Luckily tomorrow is the last class.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Take a deep breath Jason. Maybe all "artists" are flaky like that? Maybe you just need to remember that your wedding is still a year away and no one feels the same sense of urgency as the couple themselves? It's not you! You guys are meant to be in pictures.

PS. Not that I'm trying to defend other people's rudness, but wanting to get married isn't the same as wanting to sit through marriage classes that you are basically forced to attend.

huhboy said...

I think I'm just stressed and frustrated by a lot of things. I'm so looking forward to our vacation!

Good news though: the new photographer actually contacted us (and apologized; imagine that!) and we are going to meet with him tomorrow. Hopefully all goes well.

Oh, and regarding the rude couples: by them wanting to get married in the Church, they knew they had to do certain things (like attending these classes forcibly). Just because they may feel they don't want to be there, why do they make the experience worse for those that do? Common decency that they should've learned from the Church they apparently want to get married in. I dunno, I can't explain it...

Anonymous said...

I completely agree with your last point. I was one of those people that wanted to get married in the church (for Mike) but I didn't necessarily want to attend all those classes. Granted, I was polite about it and kept to myself, which is what all those rude couples should have done! Grr.

There is a very noted lack of respect for the Church at Christ the King. I imagine these are the same people that sit before the priest sits, and probably the same people that walk away with the CBW too! Jerks. We attended a few masses at St. Peter's when we were in London and the difference is huge in the attitudes of the parishoners. All that to say, I'm not surprised and it's a darn shame.

PS. Enjoy your vacation! Don't let Sharon forget her camera. :P