Monday, November 13, 2006

Tampopo-ed

I remember watching this Chinese (or is it Japanese?) film called Tampopo, which was the quest to make the most perfect bowl of beef noodles. It always made me want to eat beef noodles. While I was always able to find a place that had tender beef and good soup stock, I was never able to find a place that made fresh noodles.
If Spiderman was a chef. And Chinese.
So today I found myself at Pacific Mall with Arvin (or as he says, "Spucipic Mull"). We were looking at the part of the mall I never go to (the upstairs level), and came upon this place where this guy was making fresh noodles, like the picture above. So of course, you know what I had to do.
It was pretty good, although better if it was hotter (I got it in a takeout container). Put "making fresh noodles" on the supposed list of things to do when I move into my own house (along with pasta, bread, tortilla, ketchup, and mayonaise).

No comments: