Saturday, November 04, 2006

I LIke Girls Who Wear Abercrombie & Fitch

I can't help but think of that line from that one-hit wonder song whenever I pass by the store. I would imagine girls say the same thing about guys who wear A & F, but what if the guy wasn't wearing, well, anything? Sharon and I went to the A & F at Sherway Mall today. Before entering the store (which neither of us would ever buy anything from, but that did not deter us from going in nonetheless), there was this big picture of a buff, six-pack guy wearing nothing but a parka. Pretty standard kind of advertisement for the tres-superficial store. But there was an added touch; an actual dude, he of the same buffness, wearing no shirt but had a parka on. It was a little weird, and when he greeted us, I couldn't even look at him while I responded hello. Nope, no inferiority complex here.

Sharon wondered aloud what the hiring process might've been like for the guy; "please take off your shirt?" I was contemplating taking off my shirt and standing next to him. I wonder if anyone would've thought we were twins, but maybe not as I'm sure his six-pack is no competition to my keg. In the end, I felt bad for the dude because he was being treated like a piece of meat (him of the lean cut, whereas I would perhaps be more of the brisket cut). But what I really want to know is, why can't La Senza do the same thing and have an employee just in her bra next to a big picture of a model just in her bra?
* * *
Met
Thom Hamilton today (I may have overreacted from previous posts; he actually e-mailed me back within 10 minutes of my posting about how no one wants to take photos for our wedding). He was a very personable guy, and we felt pretty confident with him, so we signed him up. Thanks goes out to Jen for recommending us to him; we even saw her engagement photos he took of them and they looked great. Funny if not awkward incident when we were speaking to him though: we were slagging the photographer that flaked out on us the first time, only to find out Thom uses him as his backup in case he would not be able to make the wedding. Now that would make for a rather amusing situation. But Thom said he would use his other backup in case anything ever happened to him. Thom even said he heard some suspect things about our original photographer, so he wouldn't ever put us back in that situation. Whew!
Oh yeah, we also set up our gift registry at The Bay and somewhat agreed on two items. Sharon and I making decisions about stuff to put in our future house which we don't have yet? Yeah...if we survive this, we know we'll be a-okay.
* * *
One last thing: we have successfully completed our wedding courses and even received a certificate for it. A pretty good course, albeit a little stretched out. But we're both glad it's done. Now to pick out readings and songs...

No comments: