Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Reunion With Risk

The Golden Child, Dr. Sy, has returned from Calgary for the Christmas holidays. To celebrate, we decided to have a lunch at the Korean BBQ in downtown. The only problem was, he didn't make it. But whatever, BJ, Jeff, Arvin and I went down and overate as usual. We then walked around Eaton Centre and *whew*...gaddam it was busy due to the Day of Boxing. And all that was going through my head while I was there, thanks to Arvin, was "JaneCrebaJaneCrebaJaneCrebaJaneCrebaJaneCreba..." So sad the story from last year (Jane Creba was murdered in broad daylight in downtown this time last year), but I'm sure there is an underlying story there. In fact, I somewhat know there is.
Anywho, it was also crazy seeing Rye High again and how much they are expanding. Good for them, albeit I wasn't there to really enjoy it.

We then went home and met with the love of my life and Ian and Dr. Sy to watch the movie Eragon. It was...well...the movie was as good as the reviews it got. With that said, it did feel like some mutated Lord of the Rings plagerized story, but at least there was one semi-hot girl in the movie:

Girl? 3 stars out of 4. Movie? 3 stars out of 17
So after searching on the Net for whom the actress is, I of course came across some nudes of her. If only she got neked for this movie too. If only. Oh, and I found this rather funny: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0449010/goofs

It did leave a storyline open for a sequel. I look forward to it. Seriously. I like comedies.
* * *
Anywho, after the movie, Dr. Sy, BJerk, Jepot, Argay and me went to Jepot's house to play the game of world domination...that's right...RISK. Apparently wanting to try something different from our annual game of "appease Jeff by playing Monopoly with him", Mike got him this awesome game.

This certainly ain't one Bored Game
After about 4 hours learning it and playing it and creating and forming alliances and betrayls and personal grudges, Mike came away victorious. We'd like to think that it's only because he's in town for the next week that we let him win.
But yeah...it's crazy to think that times like this (hanging out with them) are going to be very much fewer and fewer in the future. I mean, for years it was on the regular and I didn't really think about it so much. It's always been goodtimes and one of the few very simple things in life that makes me happy. I guess now, being gay as I am, I shouldn't take it for granted. As we get older, things change (not to mention where we will live), but I'd like to think every once in a while we're gonna be able to do this. Then we'll call it the Carlsberg Years. And we'll all wear pinky rings...haha...JERK!

No comments: