Sunday, December 24, 2006

[Wide Open Eyes/Disbelief] "Just My Luck"

That, I believe, is what the title of "Apocalypto" should've been. Watching a movie for the first time in what seems to be months, Sharon, Arvin and I watched it and I'm left without knowing if I like it or not.

I basically got this out of the movie: running, blood, running, boar balls, running, naked Mayan chicks, running, blood squirting, running, a woman giving a "natural birth" while her other son was on her shoulders (now that's what I call difficult birthing process), running, jumping off waterfalls, running, poisonous frogs, running, wasps, running, unfortunate deaths/crappy ways to die, running (okay, I'm gonna stop that joke right here; I'm pretty sure you get the idea by now), a Mayan-gyver, ancient Mayans putting their hands in the air and waving it all around like they just don't care, the Pirates of the Carribean...ummm, I mean some Europeans, and perhaps most fortunate, unintentional comedy (in the sense that it made the movie much more enjoyable). It's always a good movie when you can make jokes in the middle of dramatic scenes.

I've seen this a lot from the web and I couldn't help but think about it while watching the movie. Twins?
Twin horses?
These two of course being Rudy Youngblood (the star of the movie) and Ronaldinho. The movie would've been awesomer if they had the lead character doing some tricks with his feet and head with, say, a decapitated head.
Maybe I did end up liking it. Especially for a movie I had no idea what to expect going in.
* * *
Also ran into Phillip S. from high school after the movie. Always a nice dude.
* * *
Credit Pointe.


No comments: