Friday, December 22, 2006

Why Must Everything Bad For You, Taste So Good?

Last day of work before the Christmas week off, and I did exactly what I did the past two days: nothing! Yay!
Well, I lie. Some workmates did go to Turtle Jacks for lunch, where I ordered Buffalo Shrimp. See, I love shrimp (as long as it's peeled). And I love "buffalo" sauce. Why there are not more restaurants serving this heavenly combo I don't know, but it's damn good.

I, too, love to eat and travel. Dot com.
* * *
Sharon and I also went to Dundas, ON last night to meet up with Sharon's workmates from CanReg, Subha, Heather and her husband Dave and daughter Laura. Laura is 11 mos. and is as cute as heck. She doesn't smile much, doesn't have much hair, and is constantly frowning. BUT, she doesn't cry if someone either than her parents hold her. When she does smile, she makes the room brighter, is walking (!) and sleeps through the night. We definitely need our kid to be like that in the future. Definitely.

3 comments:

Jen(nnn) said...

I went to Turtle Jacks for the first time last weekend. There I discovered deep fried pickles. If you haven't tried these yet, you really need to. I'll even go with you. Mmm... *drool*... deep fried pickles. That counts as a vegetable right?

huhboy said...

Are you for serious? Doesn't sound that appetizing, but yes, we'll try it next time we go there.

Jen(nnn) said...

I never joke about food. (Well, ok I do, but not this time.) I thought it sounded kind of weird too, but my friend Serena is pregnant and insisted we order the pickles as our appetizer. Believe you me, they were awesome.