Friday, April 08, 2011

And Turn It...Like So

So we decided to get out of the house for Sharon (and my) sake and take a trip to Dixie Mall (I didn't have to eat KFC's Poutine there for dinner.  But I did.  Of course).

Sharon had to feed Eamon, so we went to the Family Bathroom.  Before he would eat, though, I had to change him.  So I went to the counter and laid out our change pad.  In the middle of changing him, of course he decided to start peeing (specifically after I took off his diaper).  So what did I do?  That's right...I turned him to the side.

That way, his pee went all over the counter instead of on him (and more importantly, me).  And let me tell you (people who don't have kids; parents already know this):  no matter how small they are, they still have a much bigger bladder than you anticipate.  It was like a flood!

I had to tell him to hurry up in case someone came in, but he did it pretty fast, and we saved wasting another diaper.  Score?

Well whatever, I wiped it all up and what not.  But I think that's what I'll do now whenever I change him in a public place:  turn him 90 degrees.

By the way, I swear he's doing it on purpose.  Every fourth diaper he insists on peeing once the diaper is taken off.  He's like a bird that waits till you're not looking..."accident" right on you

2 comments:

Jen(nnn) said...

There are tricks to changing baby boys if you are interested in learning some.

We can also lend you some pee-pee tee-pees. Grant doesn't need them anymore. He doesn't feel the need to pee as soon as the cold air hits these days.

Jen(nnn) said...

P.S. Glad you were able to get out of the house. It's a good idea to get out as much as you can for your (meaning Sharon's) sanity.