Monday, April 25, 2011

"It's Like You Don't Care Because Your Priorities Change"

So said my workmate PG, who summed up how I feel about work right about now.

Still up to now trying to get readjusted to work.  Funny -- I imagine some people would have a hard time adjusting to "parenthood" and then going back to work is like a stress reliever (at least, that's what I hear from my male coworkers).

Me?  I think the opposite occurred.  It was easy getting into the swing of things at home, and much harder trying to get back to work.  Maybe I'm more of a "mother" than I let on?  Well, whatever the case, I have to snap out of it.  Don't want to get fired or anything...

*  *  *

Fireplace ideas coming along.  But the execution?  Who knows.  Feeling extra tired today for some reason.

*  *  *

Why is it that whenever you're trying not to do something, and you have to force yourself not to do it, it makes it 5423x harder?

Case in point:  my first day "eating healthy".  Yeah, I was doing fine for the majority of the day, but I kind of broke down at the end and had a chocolate chip cookie and other junkfood.  Yargh.  Okay, tomorrow again!

No comments: