Saturday, April 02, 2011

Life With The Little Guy

So far this whole parenthood thing is going as I expected it to go:  no sleep at night; a feeling of "wtf how did this happen to my life?"; diaper changing; that feeling of "oh crap, I have to do this, this, this, this and this"; and of course, happiness.

Again, it's still surreal.

Also, it was a crazy first night at home:  having to help Sharon into the bathtub to take a soothing bath, I heard drip drip drips downstairs.  I ran downstairs to find a leak happening, only to hear the kiddo starting to wail.  I ran back up, tried to explain quickly to Sharon what was happening without worrying her, grabbed the kid, ran back downstairs with the crying child to try to find buckets to contain the leaks, then a mop to soak up the liquid, then going back upstairs to try to get Sharon not to worry, then realizing I never slept for a while, then realizing it was the first night...I almost ran downstairs, out the door and not turn back.  Okay, well, not really, but man I was upset (mostly because it was the damn bathtub that I fixed that was leaking.  Luckily I was able to fix it, but still, it shouldn't have happened in the first place).  That upsetness written all over my face didn't exactly help calm down Sharon, either.  BUT...the second night things went better; although he's still not sleeping, at least I don't have to worry about the house flooding.  Jeez, I hope.

Just waiting for the little man to get us into a routine...in the meantime, yes, I am still going to fret that I've been eating crap (pizza three days in a row, soon to be four...lol) and that I haven't exercised in a while (when was the last time I did a sit-up?).

Otherwise, I do look forward to not being at work for the next 20 days...what

1 comment:

julesbuh said...

So far, you're not selling me on this parenthood thing!!! Just kidding. Sounds challenging, but I'm sure worth it when you see him smile at you, when you cuddle him, and when he burps your name when he's older :)